Types of Scholarships
The Foundation offers two types of scholarships and career and technical financial assistance to meet the different needs of our students in Hillsborough County Public Schools.
Junior and Senior College Scholarships
This traditional college scholarship is available to Hillsborough County high school juniors and graduating seniors.
- Currently in 11th -12th grade
- Eligibility requirements such as income, grade point average and education interest apply and vary by particular scholarship
- Scholarship levels awarded: $1,000-$10,000
Career & Technical Education Scholarships Project Success
Project Success provides career and technical financial assistance to help students that are focused on career and technical training rather than post-secondary college education in an effort to graduate high school with the necessary skills to immediately enter the work force.
- Currently in 12th grade and obtaining a performance-based or standard diploma
- Currently enrolled in the following HCPS Career Centers:Bowers/Whitley, D.W. Waters, Simmons, or South County
- Financial assistance offsets the costs of tuition, books, classroom equipment/supplies and final certification expenses
- Amounts of $1,000-$2,000 will support a student through graduation
Take Stock in Children Scholarships
In collaboration with Florida’s Take Stock in Children program, we offer college scholarships to deserving low income students in Hillsborough County. These students are paired with a mentor for the duration of high school to motivate and encourage success. For most of these students, this scholarship provides the only opportunity to attend college and escape the cycle of poverty. The student must meet the following requirements:
- Currently in 6th-10th grades
- Qualify for free or reduced school lunch
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Sign a pledge of commitment to maintain their grade point average, stay away from drugs and crime, attend school regularly, meet with their mentor and focus on achieving high school graduation and being college ready
- Scholarship amounts vary from 2-year Florida College Foundation Plan to a 4-year University Plan.