“Many people know about the reading-achievement gap between underrepresented students and the majority. Yet, a very few number of people actually do anything about it. Instead of lamenting the below-grade reading level of students in low-income communities, AmeriCorps allowed me to do something about it.” – Xigrid, AmeriCorps tutor
AmeriCorps is a national service program that provides opportunities for individuals to serve their country and community through local non-profit agencies. Each year participants of AmeriCorps, called Members, join a local program and provide specific, intensive community services — such as mentoring students through the Foundation’s Graduation Pathways program. As a full-time AmeriCorps member, you will serve approximately 40 hours a week.
- Living Allowance for your term of service
- Education award upon successful completion of program
- Training and leadership development opportunities
- Resume-building experience
- A chance to make a difference in the life of a child!
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Significant community service experience
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- A sincere desire to make a difference
- Interest in working with youth in an elementary school setting
- Reliable transportation and daytime availability is a must!
Learn more about our Graduation Pathways program.
For more information or to request an application, please contact
Jessica Blinkey at (813) 574-0290
or Lindsay Ortega at (813) 574-0268.