The Hillsborough Education Foundation offers several scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Application Process
Opens: November 18, 2013 at 9am
Closes: January 31, 2014 at 5pm (Deadline)
To apply for a scholarship please click here.
High School Junior and Senior Scholarships
Any junior or senior in Hillsborough County can apply for one of our Junior/Senior Scholarships. With over 50 donors contributing to this scholarship category, there are many types of criteria in which each student can qualify.
Phil Jones, President of the Hillsborough Education Foundation and Conor Rigsby
“It is reassuring to know that there are great people in the world who believe in our youth! The idea that no matter where you come from, who you are, or what challenges you face, if you work hard you will be rewarded.”
– Conor Rigsby, 2013 Scholarship Recipient
Take Stock in Children Florida Prepaid Scholarships
Take Stock in Children (TSIC) was established in 1995 as a non-profit organization in Florida that provides a unique opportunity for deserving low-income youth/students, many from minority families, to escape the cycle of poverty through education. Qualified students are offered college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors, and hope for a better life. Our comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college. Students are monitored throughout the academic school year by a College Success Coach who reviews behavior, attendance, and grades to ensure they are on track for graduation. The Hillsborough Education Foundation works in collaboration with Take Stock in Children to implement the program to deserving students in Hillsborough County.
TSIC Criteria for the Hillsborough Education Foundation:
- Currently in the 6th through 10th grade in a Hillsborough County Public School
- Must qualify for free or reduced school-lunch
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
The four types of TSIC Florida Prepaid Scholarships you may be eligible for are:
- 2-year Community College
- 2 + 2 (2-year Community College + 2-year University)
- 4-year State College
- 4-year University Project SUCCESS Scholarships
Project SUCCESS Scholarships
Any student who has graduated from one of the four Career Centers in Hillsborough County, during the 2013-2014 school-year, can receive a Project SUCCESS Scholarship. These Career Centers are Bowers-Whitley, D.W. Waters, Simmons, and South County. The student can only use the scholarship for Hillsborough Community College or a HiTEC Center. The amounts and schools are as follows:
- Hillsborough Community College: One-time $2,000 Scholarship
- HiTEC Center (Aparicio-Levy, Brewster, Erwin, and Leary Technical Centers): One-time $1,000 Scholarship
To apply for a scholarship please click here.
Applications will be available November 18, 2013 - January 31, 2014
1. Click the ‘Sign Up' button to begin a new application.
2. Type in all of your Personal Information and create a username and password.
***Note- your username can be anything you want; however, your password should be the first initial of your first and last name, along with your student ID number***
3. Click ‘Save and Continue'.
4. The next step is the Questionnaire. This is a multiple choice section in which you will choose the best answer that fits you. Each question is based off the criteria the donors have assigned to their scholarship.
5. Click ‘Save and Continue'.
6. The next step is Academic Information.
a. Select the name of your school from the drop-down menu. If your school is not listed, click the ‘Save and Exit' button and send the Scholarship Coordinator an e-mail, Chedrick@educationfoundation.com. Someone will contact you to troubleshoot the problem.
b. Type in the date you are expected to graduate from high school. If you are not sure about this date, please check with your Guidance Counselor.
c. Enter your un-weighted GPA. ***Note- if you are in grades 6-8, see instructions on converting letter grades to come up with a GPA***
d. Look through the ‘Major area of study' drop-down menu and choose the major you plan on studying once in college. ***Note- if you are in grades 6-8, select ‘undecided' for your major***
e. Look through the ‘Expected Degree' drop-down menu and choose the degree you plan on receiving. ***Note- if you are in grades 6-8, please ask your parents, guardians, or guidance counselors for help***
7. Click ‘Save and Continue'.
8. The next step is the Free Form Essay. Answer any essay questions that are listed. Your essay should consist of more than just a few sentences. The score for the essay portion of this application is weighed heavily.
9. Click ‘Save and Continue'.
10. The last step of the application process will be to apply for any of the ‘Recommended Scholarships'. A list of recommended scholarships will appear. Go through each scholarship to confirm that you meet all of the criteria. If you do, feel free to apply for the scholarship.
11. Once you've applied for the scholarships you are interested in, you are done. If you are chosen for any of the scholarships you've applied for, you will be sent an award notification packet in the mail between April and May of 2014.
For current Senior and Project SUCCESS scholarship recipients, here are links and documents you may find helpful.
Click here to retrieve your Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA.
Click here for an Enrollment Verification Form.
Click here for Project SUCCESS Enrollment Verification Forms (only one should be turned in).
Click here for guidelines on what to include in your donor thank you letter.
Click here for an update form (for multi-year scholarship recipients only).
Click here for an Information Release Form.
Click Here For Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you to the
2013 Scholarship donors.
Rob & Linda Anston
Armed Forces Communications Electronics Association
Bloomingdale High School
Chamberlain High School Class of '76
The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
Eric W. Herzberg Family & Friends
Executive Women International Tampa Bay Chapter
Fuente Family Scholarship
Gamma Theta Omega
Genesis Business Partners
George Edgecomb Bar Association
GFWC New Tampa Junior Woman's Club
Grand Krewe de Libertalia
Mayor Greco & Dr. McClintock Greco
Grow Financial Federal Credit Union
Bruce & Sharon Hall
James & Adele Harris
Helios Education Foundation
Hillsborough Association of School Administrators
Hillsborough County Assistant Principals Council
Hillsborough County Elementary Principals Council
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Rising Stars Leadership Academy
Julius Hobbs & Family
International Academy of Design & Technology
John Lynch Foundation
King High School Alumni Organization
Krewe of Agustina de Aragon
Loggia Mona Lisa #2699, Order Sons of Italy In America
Kevin McCarthy Family & Friends
James McDaniel & Sady G. Martin Committee
John & Lora Murphy
Myrtle Phillips Baker Family
Phi Beta Kappa Alumni
Plant High School
Rays Baseball Foundation, Inc.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Fred & Mary Sue Rothenberg
Dr. & Mrs. Walter Sickles
Marian Smith & Family of Eddie Brooks
Dana Snyder & Family
Stonegate Charitable Foundation
Tampa Bay Technology Forum - TechStart Tampa Bay
Tampa Kiwanis Foundation Inc.
The Alliance Francaise de Tampa
The Click MC
TIC/ The Industrial Company
Time Customer Service
Turkey Creek Middle School
Turn 2 Foundation
The William A. Gregory, Jr. Foundation